Crafting is coming soon to Scrolls! The system is designed to provide some interesting bonus effects to the scrolls themselves, without affecting how they perform in actual gameplay. That is, a Tier 3 crafted scroll will not outperform its Tier-1 (or uncrafted) counterpart in any way, even if it looks better in the process! (See: shiny borders)
How will I craft Scrolls when it's live?
- Click the new crafting tab!
- Three identical scrolls are required to craft. Dump them in the slots! Click Upgrade!
- The three scrolls will be combined into an upgraded scroll. Two get burned in the process.
That's it! The crafting process is super-easy, fun, and only needs sunlight and water to grow! (Wait, forget that last part.) There are 3 total tiers of upgrade, each with their own special effects:
- Tier 1 scrolls work just like the ones your existing collection.
- Tier 2 scrolls track stats and feature an aesthetically pleasing wax seal and ribbon.
- Tier 3 scrolls keep the stat tracking abilities you get at tier 2, but also get a shiny silver border, foil rainbow effect, and glinting animation. Play a tier 3 and your opponent will quiver in fear! Maybe!
So, about that stat-tracking: things that the scroll can track include the amount of games the scroll has participated in, the number of times a scroll has been played to the board, how many games it’s won, and how many times it’s been sacrificed, to name a few. Damage dealt/healed, or other scroll-specific stats may also be tracked, depending on the scroll in question. If you trade an upgraded scroll to someone else, it will retain all stats it has tracked up to that point, taking its legacy with it to a new home! Yes, this means you can have a single scroll with stats from numerous players, as it journeys from home to home. Sweet!
At present, crafting is in the testing phase, but you can read about (and give feedback on) the system in this thread! If all goes well, it is expected that crafting will go live as early as next week!