After years of playing minecraft and hosting a server for my boys, I am super excited that this idea they had has finally come to fruition! If the development trend is anything like minecraft, this game has a very bright future.
I have been playing for several weeks now and here are some thoughts, observations, "bug" reports and general feedback. I think the version was .75 or one earlier when I started playing.
- Have a "trading" deck or some way of flagging cards that you want to trade / sell. That way there is no second guessing or compiling a paper list of what cards I want to get rid of. Read a thread about an issue where selling a card may potentially remove it from a deck you have built, even if you have multiples of that card. Maybe flag a card if it's in a deck.
- When you buy cards, some of the card is covered by the chat screen at the bottom and you cannot read the bottom part of it. Correction: I'm a noob and had to click on the chat window to minimize (see pic). However, when it is clicked to disappear to the bottom of the screen, the card is minimized as well.
- Every single time I have ever tried to challenge the ScrollsBot (when it's "accepting" challenges), I have always been declined?
- When organizing cards, if you drag one down and there are already three of that card, that card stays on the screen even if you click on the "order cards" button (or whatever it is called). You need to save/reload the deck and it will disappear. Note: I just tried to duplicate this bug and take a screenshot and couldn't - maybe it was fixed.
- Based on the positioning of the screen, it can be hard to tell on the bottom row of organized cards if there are three of them already in the deck or not (specifically because of the search box - see pic)
- Fantastic card sorting feature!
- Great job identifying type of card mix (i.e. number of structures vs spells vs enchantments).
- When moving from one screen to another (mulitscreen mac setup), the mouse mapping moves about 1/3 up the screen. Meaning, if I move the game from the main screen (27" mac monitor) to my laptop (15" macbook pro), I need to have my mouse 1/3 of the screen higher for it to "click" on the appropriate tile in the game.
- The screen locks and cannot hit the timer button or any other buttons - happened in 77, not sure if it happens in 79 yet. Have to force-quit the game.
- Would be super helpful to have an Undo button when moving people / playing cards before hitting the timer button. Can't tell you how often I have moved the wrong way / hex and said "Doh!".
- Clicking on the person is based on clicking within the boundaries of the hex tile, not the actual character illustration. So frequently when clicking on a character (i.e on its head), it is not selected because the hex behind it is actually being selected.
Overall the learning curve was what I expected and it took 3-4 games to start to get the hang of it. I am super excited about where this game is going and am happy that I managed to get an alpha key - thanks guys!